We decided to go on a little adventure today after church. We stopped and got some sandwhiches to go and headed to Alsea Falls. It's about a half an hour out of town and Brock and I had never been there even though we both grew up around here.
We had our picnic lunch when we arrived then embarked on a little hike. It was a beautiful day and the falls were so cool. The girls had fun climbing on the rocks and exploring the trails. Boston took this opportunity to take a little snooze in the bjorn. Madison is pretty tough and loves to hike. Alex likes it for the first five minutes or so then the whining and complaining start. So she spent most of the hike on Brock's shoulders which worked out just fine.
After we were finished at Alsea Falls we drove in to Eugene and stopped by REI to get Brock a birthday present. His birthday was the 10th, the big 2-8, he's getting up there!
Our next adventure begins Friday when we all head up to Kodiak, Alaska to see my grandma! I guess it's probably time to break out the winter clothes. Summer weather in Kodiak is pretty similar to our fall/winter. Hopefully it won't be too stormy, so we can spend most of our time outdoors.
Here's a few pics~




4 comments:
Bosty's so cute!! He sure is growing!! Your day looked like fun! We stopped at safeway in the Pearl, hiked a few blocks to the park and sat on a bench and ate our snacks and put blueberries in between Preston's toes :) It was hilarious.. hopefully I find my phone come morning!!
what a cute perfect little family! miss you guys. wish we were going to alaska with you.
How fun!
Can you wade in the water there? It has been forever since I went. It is such a shame that we live in a gorgeous place and see so little. SOmetimes I think the "out of towners" see more than I do.
I can't wait till we have 3 kids! It looks so fun!
Post a Comment